Sunday 7 September 2014

Mixed media canvas - LOVE

Hello,
 
Today I will be sharing the mixed media canvas I created, once again a new venture for me. I thought of a starting with a different layout but bcoz of limited time I went for a simpler approach. I will be presenting this to my friend on her wedding. With more than Enough flashbacks, here's the work.

image



Read on if you are interested in the steps, digital remix at the end.

I used a 6"×8" Brustro canvas board. Stretched canvas panels are expensive so I didn't wanna start with that for my first attempt .
I used a decoupage napkin (heart and stones) and modpodge to cover the whole panel including the sides. It is a 2 ply napkin. Only the printed layer is used.

image


This is an easy way to create a background to work on. I didn't mind the wrinkles while sticking as they add more texture.

image


I gave a thin coat of dilute gesso to push the design more into the background. I used flutterby stencil with pearl pink paint initially,  but I dint quite like  the result as you can see.

image



So I decided to use modelling paste (homemade) for the same. I used other stencils (TCW ledger, tim holtz bubble) along with it to create more texture on the whole layout.

image



I used my mini mister to spray paints on the panel using blue, lemon yellow, pink all from the fevicryl pearl color set. Then I painted with some contrast colors to give a shaded effect. (Pearl green, gold, copper, silver) and Distressed the edges  (gathered twigs). I covered the sides with the same color scheme along with the main space.

image



I cut out the letters "LOVE" out of card stock. Added 3D Liner (pearl white) over it to get the dimension. I also dabbed some metallic silver paint to get more shimmer.
Stuck the letters with white glue on to the panel.

image



I also added the flower and pearl embellishments I made out of epoxy resin & air hardening clay. (I love the pearls ♥) I used glossy accents to stick them since I needed a strong glue. I added a string of pearls using 3D liner.Finally I gave coats of Modpodge to seal everything & give some lustre. I added some white splashes for added effect.

image



For the backside, I just covered the whole area with a brown cardstock. I cut out the stand from the cover of an old hardbound note. Coated with gesso & painted it.

image



Attached the stand with glue runner &white glue, just in case. (Fevikwik/ any resin glue would have been better,  but I didn't have it right then)

Ready to be displayed.

image

image







For the digital remix,
● I have used the decoupage canvas bg, added clip arts (corner swirl, humming bird) & some text randomly in "overlay" mode.
● D/l the quote image & added with "darken" mode. 
● included the Butterfly clipart & Given brown vignette effect for the border.
● finally edited with HDR to give more definition to the image.

image



Hope you enjoyed it. Cheers.
Create. Have fun.



-பூங்குழலி

1 comment:

  1. […] sentiment was made with 3D liner,in the same way I used here. (this is a wedding gift too […]

    ReplyDelete