Tuesday 2 September 2014

Fun time with watercolors

Hello,
Here's a CAS or probably nearly CAS card I have made.

I thought it was fun to take up the watercolor challenge theme.. I have used the "watercolor & SALT technique" for the bg.. so here's the card


image



If you're interested in the steps, read on.. have included some digital remix tips at the end :)

To begin with I cut a 4"×3" watercolor paper from "Tulip artist sketch pad"
Applied water over it with plain brush followed by colors.. I used uniball POLSCA marker sky blue & Faber castell magenta fabric colour.
While the colors are still wet, I spread fine table salt in the lower half & coarse sea salt to the upper half of the paper. I let it air dry completely & gently brushed off the salt. The texture is amazing & I totally love the rough granular look of the paper. different textures form in the areas of two types of salt..!!!
For the edges I used burnt sienna fabric color. BG is now ready.

I stamped the bee, flowers & tools, colored them with marker & acrylic colors & cut out leaving a white border around to make them look like stickers.
I made the banner by cutting out a vintage tag washi tape, coloring lightly with marker & writing my sentiment. I cut out a small flower from red paper to match it. I pierced a hole in the tag & attached a pink thread.

I stuck the flowers flat, tools, bee with foam for dimension. I also stamped some grass. Now the fun part. I marked a trail from the bee, pierced holes on it & sewed the thread from the tag through them, taping the other end at the back of the card. I pasted the tag to the bg (I messed up using glue runner at the tips)
I gave regular cuts at the top of the paper & folded them back & forth to give a notepad effect.
I wound a pink thread around the paper & made a bow gluing the edges.

I cut a 9"×5" cardstock, folded in half to make the cardbase. I stuck the theme paper with foam squares at a slightly tilted angle.. first I thought of having a white base but since I wasn't satisfied with that, I sponge dabbed some blue on the outer edges as well.

Finally,  I gave a thick layer of fevicryl Fabric glue  (dint hav glossy accents but it worked perfectly fine too) over the little sticker parts & let it dry. not sure if it's visible in the snaps..

image



Hope you liked it. !

Tips & Tricks
     There are umpteen number of possibilities when you take up something digitally.  Here's what I have done to my card.

image



I took the photograph without the banner, added some bee trail & a different sentiment digitally.  (Actually I like this better :P) I used spray tool for the edges & made it blue too.. This gives a much simpler & subtle look than my original card.
How did you like the little digital twist up there?! Cheers.
Create.  Have fun

Am linking this to
http://aaacards.blogspot.in/2014/08/game-18-watercolor.html?m=1

image

http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2014/09/cscc-7-water-colors.html?m=1

-பூங்குழலி

5 comments:

  1. This is a fun and magical scene that is beautifully watercolored, Riswana! Thank you for adding your sweet artwork to our gallery at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card!I like that you added some stitches too. thanks for joining us at CSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful watercolouring, good take on our challenge at CSCC - Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it , thanks for participating at CSCC.best wishes.

    ReplyDelete