Thursday 4 September 2014

CAS: miss you

Hello,
Here is another CAS card.. this time I have used distress ink for the watercolor effect in the BG..

image





Read on if you are interested in the steps below & digital remix at the end.!!

image





These pretty much sums up the products used..
First, I cut a 5"×3 3/4" watercolor paper. Then I applied some distress ink (mowed lawn) over a pvc sheet & then sprayed some water with mini mister over that. Moved the paper over it multiple times. It gives that blotchy effect.
(Initially I tried with cardstock & it ended up very badly. It totally absorbs all the color instantly & doesn't spread at all So I had to discard it.)

I stamped & cut the cute little birdie & stuck googly eyes

I cut the 4 1/4" × 11" cardbase, folded in half. Pasted the colored paper with glue runner leaving 1/4" margin all around.

I stamped the birdhouse with memento tuxedo black, stuck the bird & wrote the sentiment "miss you" with the uniball signo white pen
I added a white margin around the bird as I wasn't satisfied with the black one. I guess it made a huge difference :) finally glossy accents over the bird.
Card is done.

image





I like the simplicity of it & maybe CAS style attracts me a lot. Hoping to do more.

Now for the digital remix :) lonely feel changed into a chirping romance !! So much Fun :)

image





Cheers.
Create. Have fun

Linking this to

http://aaacards.blogspot.in/2014/08/game-18-watercolor.html?m=1


image

http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2014/09/cscc-7-water-colors.html?m=1







-பூங்குழலி

6 comments:

  1. Loving all of that awesome green, Riswana! Great to see another handsome card in the AAA Cards gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a colorful and cute card.Thanks for joining us at CSCC.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice card riz, Thanks for joining at CSCC - Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow , what a bright colour card.thanks for participating at CSCC.best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie pie and so beautifully coourled with lovely embossing and just perfect for our challenge at Addicted to CAS, thanks so much for joining us and good luck.Marie

    ReplyDelete