Thursday 4 September 2014

Tag time !!!

Hello,
It' tag time. This is the first tag I have created. When I saw the textured tag theme I was so excited & had to do it ASAP. Right now am going by all those challenges coz it's so much fun to take a topic and work on it. So here's what I have come up with.

image



steps follow & digital remix at the end

I cut out a 5×6" cardstock, folded in half and stuck firmly. Took a texture decoupage paper & wrapped up the tag sticking it with mod podge.

image



I stamped & cut out stamps from different pattern papers from the 'sunrise, sunset' collection

image



Assembling & sticking them randomoy on to the tag & distressed edges with gathered twigs.

image



image



Used flutterby, tim holtz bubbles along with homemade modelling paste ( think I messed up a little bit with the consistency this time) for the texture.

image



Wrote "post it" (I dunno why I chose that :D is it even meaningful?!!) With uniball signo white pen & applied glossy accents for dimension.
I applied gesso with a pallete knife randomly onto the edges. It took up the distress ink in some places & gave that burnt effect. This is what I love the most about this project.
Set the eyelet to the punched hole & attached a brown paper rope.

image



Finally gave a coat of mod podge to seal everything & for a bit of lustre.
Tag is Done.
This is how it looks on the backside. I have left it plain with the texture paper.

image



For the digital remix, I have a layout this time. I tried to mirror the tag. Not so satisfied with this one though. May update if I do something better.

image



Cheers.
Create. Have fun

Linking this to

http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2014/09/bgc58-textured-tag.html?m=1



-பூங்குழலி

5 comments:

  1. Lovely tag..love the idea of using stamped stamps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it beautifully! Great idea with the stamps cut from paper pads and texture.
    Thank you for joinung us at BGC#58!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so pretty ! Love the textures you gave !!!
    Thanks for playing along BGC !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful step by step and I love the layering! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete