Monday 15 September 2014

CAS card : WITH LOVE

Hello,
I happened to see the CAS(E) this sketch challenge blog & instantly liked it :)  many different approaches on a basic layout, therefore a great opportunity to push our limits & think out of the box..
This is the basic sketch:
(link to the challenge below)
image
http://casethissketch.blogspot.in/2014/09/case-this-sketch-92.html?m=1


Here's what I have come up with:

image



I've flipped the orientation of the image.

Steps follow & digital remix at the end:

To begin with,  am a recent beginner when it comes to paper crafts & so I don't have too many supplies. But that doesn't have to stop me from creating what I want :) it may not be perfect like stamping but am happy with the results.
I took reference from net & hand drawn all the elements.

image



For the bg, I have applied two shades of blue pigment ink.

For the sentiment,  I used a collage of many stamp sets using masking technique to put them all together in place. I cut out & stuck Little hearts in envelope as well as the sentiment.

For the snowy effect, I needed more control. So I went for random dots with my gel pen rather than splashes with paint/gesso.

Stuck the base to the card stock 4 1/4" × 5 1/2"

Done.

image



For the digital remix, I always wanted a different sentiment for this scene.  So I applied some filters , added a new text & a cute clipart from picsart valentine collection.

image



Hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I did while making. (Only con is that my glue tape runner got messed up & I guess it won't work anymore:(:( )
It happens.  Cheers.
Create. Have fun.



-பூங்குழலி

2 comments: