Tuesday 17 March 2015

Mixed media canvas: tribal scene

Hello,
Today I'll be sharing a "quick & easy" mixed media canvas. .. yes you heard it right..
"Quick & easy" has become my mantra lately & is an optimum solution to accommodate craft when working on a hectic schedule. .

Decoupage is a very easy to do technique & gives stunning results. . Here's one..

image



I started off by applying gesso on my 6"×8" canvas panel board & then applied a coat of orange acrylic color (to match my bg)
I then pasted the tribal scene decoupage napkin on to it with mod podge... I dint care too much about straightening it out as it adds to the texture..
Then I've applied gesso on the edges with palette knife to form the border..

For the dimensional work, I've used M-seal.. after thoroughly mixing equal amounts of resin & hardener, I rolled it into a thin long wire.. cut into small segments & made the design over the border as well as the ornaments, spear & tree branches. . I've used acylic metallic colors to paint the ornaments & spear. .
Finally added some highlights with white gel pen...
image



On the backside, I've used orange paper to stick on & handmade the stand like my project here.

image



Gave a coat of modpoge to seal everything down.This kind of sums up the products used..

image



Done. Hope you liked it.  Do lemme know your comments.  Thanks for your time.
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,
http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2015/03/bgc66-mixed-media.html?m=1

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow So nice !
    Really enjoyed your post !
    Thanks for joining us at BGC this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete