Sunday 29 March 2015

Art journal: fly high

Hi..
Am back from my awesome trip to the North east..
Here's an art journal layout I've made by taking inspiration from the moodboard for Lulupu's third birthday.. I got this paper accents keepsake book from Lulupu.. so I thought I should make a layout on their birthday month :)

image



Steps on how to:

I pasted a page from an old novel to begin with the bg.
Gave a wash of gesso to push it to the bg..
Using mini ink blending tool & foam, I applied pink & flesh tint acrylic colours. .
I've used mini blazonry stencil & gold acrylic colours for some interest in bg followed by modelling paste through Tim Holtz Rays & Prima finnabair stencil..

Some script stamping with Royal Windsor & french rose bg stamps. .

Gave vintage photo DI all around to give more definition. .

Lots of white splashes with watered gesso & white acrylic color..

For the elements,  I drew the clouds in watercolour paper using water colour pencils & Koi waterbrush(am using it for the first time & am loving it) & fussy cut them..

I pasted a very old book page onto scrap cardstock, drew & cut the balloon from it..
Colored with salty ocean DI & applied gel medium over it..
Faux stitches & polka dots drawn with white gel pen..
Tied a string around it & pasted over the bg with foam squares to add dimension. .

The sentiment was drawn & fussy cut out of black cardstock. .
Pasted everything with Aleene's tacky glue..

Done. Hope you liked it.
Do lemme know your comments.  They mean a lot.
Create.  Have fun.

Linking this to,

http://lulupu.blogspot.in/2015/03/challenge47-lulupus-3rd-birthday.html?m=1

image


I've taken loads of inspiration from the mood board..
The soft pastel like color scheme attracted me the most... pinks & peaches for the bg..
I've also made my balloon like the ones in the pic.. have used gold too..
I've also drawn my sentiment scripts..
For the number 3
part, I've added 3 clouds & used 3 types of stencils..

6 comments:

  1. Love? Double loveeeee... let me start with the background, the textures, colours, placement of elements, all go so well together. Thank you for sharing this with us at Lulupu. By the way, I can't create without my KOI waterbrush at all now, totally addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comments didn't appear , so typing again. Totally loved this page. The textures, colours, placement of elements all of it such eye candy. Thank you for joining us at Lulupu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great words :) now we share a common addiction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rhizwana! :) gorgeous !! Love the color and texture of the art journal page!
    Thanks for joining us in Lulupu Birthday Challenge !:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Dolly :)

    ReplyDelete