Friday 20 February 2015

Happy 2015

Hi,
    To begin with, am just too happy that I took forward my idea of art journal layouts & managed to complete one as well.
This is my first page. Am hoping to improve over time.
Here it is :)

image



A step by step would be too lengthy & eventually get boring probably. . I managed to capture just a few pics of my work in progress & am including them below..
And just some points to remember which may help me in the long run. Hope it's useful to some extent for you:)
I've incorporated most of the techniques I learnt from cardmaking here..
For the bg, i started off by stamping random images, scripts & graffiti with sweet plum ink.
Applied a wash of gesso. I used the one from camlin & I must agree that it was not upto the mark. I should start using my Prima heavy gesso soon I guess :)

image



For the coloring part I was not able to achieve satisfying results with inks.. so I had to go for acrylic paints.
Some texturing with stencils, stamping..


image



The parachute was handrawn, colored & cut. Glossy accents applied over it.
The Dolphin is from a cute sticker set I have in my stash.
Wood veneer boat inked with black soot DI,heat embossed with 'wow' clear glitter.
& here comes the part I love the most about this project.
'The waves'
I drew & cut individual curves out of Watercolor paper.
I used Peacock feathers & salty ocean DI, followed by lots of water misting to create the initial layer.  Then applied more DI over it & let dry.. added some splashes of white.. & finally my favourite technique in a different aspect. . Applying gesso over the edges with palette knife to create the foam effect. I totally love how it turned out :)
That's it for the making part.
(Click here to view the front cover of my journal)

Few personal words about this layout & reason behind the elements. .
Well, 2015... I had the best start of the year so far.. went for a sailing expedition in Goa with YHAI. It was such an awesome trip that I had to capture as much of it as possible in art & what better way to start my art journal :)
I've added "the awesome moments" sentiment for the same reason :)
We went for parasailing adventure sport & that's the part I enjoyed the most, hence it formed my focal point.. & then comes the dolphin sighting, sailboat.. & a thrilling experience with waves while crossing an estuary...!
I've added "clockwork" & "measured" stencils & gold paint over it coz the time spent was limited but more precious :)
& a camera stamp in bg for the amateur photography I did & the sun rays for all the suntan we got from the trip ;)
Now that'a a lotttt of explanation :D am hoping to do more pages in future & improve myself in the process :)

Do lemme know what you think of this venture. Thanks for your patience and time.
Create.  Have fun.

Linking this to,
http://art-journal-journey.blogspot.co.at/2015/02/birds-beasts-and-humans-vogel-tiere.html?m=1

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=2439


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-add-a-little-texture/

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and beautiful page! Love the fabulous texture and colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much.glad u liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great! The texture is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete