Wednesday 18 March 2015

Art journal DANCE

Hi
Today I'll be sharing another art journal layout. . My favourite part of crafting so far.. am too excited to fill in more & more pages :)
Here's the project..

image


I began by giving a thin coat of gesso on the page. Then inked up with Salty ocean DI & vintage photo on the edges.. I also went around with black soot DI on the sides..

To add some interest to the bg, I've used French rose bg stamp to do some tone on tone script stamping.. followed by stenciling with Peacock feathers DI through TCW's "flutterby" stencil which is one of my all time favourites. .

Gave a coat of gel medium to seal everything down & also it provides a non porous surface to work on which is easier to correct mistakes. .

Border checkered stamp is from 'We are memory keepers'.. I've filled the gaps with my white gel pen..

Stamped the quote with Tim Holtz 'worn letters' & the smaller lines are handwritten with Brustro fine liner pen (0.1mm)
I've been wanting to get this set (set of 9 from 0.05mm to 0.8mm including a brush pen) for so long & finally it became available in flipkart.!
Though I was seeking for uni-pin pens from uniball, Brustro seems to work fine too.

I sketched the ballerina (referred from net) in a scrap paper first & transferred the fair outline on to watercolor paper using yellow carbon.. this way there is less mess with the lines & also it's possible to use the image any number of times like stamps & even do paper piecing.. I colored the image with scattered straw, spun sugar DI,
Memento rosebud & vintage photo, gathered twigs for the hair, outlined with black pen & fussy cut it.
I took a piece of pink net fabric, made the pleats & stuck one by one with glue gun.
Stuck this on the colored image with Rubber adhesive (fevibond).. it kinda discolorises the surface, so I should remember next time not to use that in see through areas.
To cover that up & add more interest,  I added  a string of pearls in the waistline & the hair bun.
Finally after sticking the image to the bg, I used vintage photo to shade around it.
Gave crackle accents over the dress & shoes to add more dimension.

Done. Hope you enjoyed this.
Do lemme know your comments. They mean a lot.
Thanks for your time.
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,

http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2015/03/cscc-12-lets-get-pinspired.html?m=1
image


I've taken both the ballerina & the teal color which is always on my favourite colors list from the pin...

http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2015/03/bgc66-mixed-media.html?m=1

http://art-journal-journey.blogspot.co.at/2015/03/032015-things-with-wings-dinge-mit.html?m=1
I've inked butterfly wings in the bg.. to emphasise about setting your wings free & do what you like in the way you want without caring too much about what others think of u..

14 comments:

  1. Wow! So gorgeous! It's indeed very beautiful and the way you have explained the process is so cool!

    Cheers!

    -Priyanka Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Priyanka :) Am glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page - great background - thank you for thinking of wings and joining
    Art Journal Journey!
    Fab to read aboout your progress here.
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interpretation of the picture, it is a perfect match. Thanks for playing at CSSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Rahmat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful journal page.... loved the texture, the image and the cute sentiment.... Thank you for joining us at CSCC # 12... All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! It's so well designed and coloured!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute !!!
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC this month

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Aneta :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot Ramya :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovely and cute card. thanks for participating at catchy challenges .

    ReplyDelete