Tuesday 10 February 2015

Mixed media card: cupcakes

Hi..
   It's the month of love & love is in the air everywhere. . What better time to make love themed projects?! My craft mania phase continues and here's a mixed media card..

image



To begin with, I took a 6×6 PP from Avery Elle PP collection which I won from CSCC..
I applied acrylic colours (pearl pink & hot pink from camlin) with a baby wipe on the PP. after drying, I stuck this to my card base with thin adhesive tape making sure to cover the edges completely& also to put some tape at the centre so that the PP lays absolutely flat.

I applied modelling paste through Prima stars & Bubbles stencils..
I used 3 different stamp sets to get the sentiment.  "LOVE" from HOTP, "you" from technique Tuesdays & the remaining words by arranging Tim Holtz worn out alphabets.
I've white embossed all that using Versamark ink & Ranger white embossing powder.

I did some script stamping using Prima epiphany stamp set & memento inks (sweet plum, lilac posies, rosebud)
Added some white splashes with gesso.

For the cupcakes,  I used Tim Holz "Blueprint" stampset & colored with watercolor pencils,  fussy cut individually.  I've used white gel pen to add highlights.
Stuck one top of the other with glue & used vintage photo distress ink for the shading.

image



I've added a Glitter hearts Washi banner to ground the cupcakes.  Now for my most favourite part in this project.
I stamped & cut the little heart out of red cardstock. I added Wink of stella clear brush glitter  & then applied glossy accents on top of it. Wow  I simply luuuuuvvvvv that.. so sorry I couldn't capture it ryt in the pics..I hope it shows to some extent.

image



Finally I used palette knife to apply gesso all around & create the border.

image



Done. This was inspired by an art journal video by vicky & I absolutely love how this has turned out to be. Definitely one of my personal favourites:)

Hope you enjoyed this.
Do lemme know ur comments.  They mean a lot to me. Thanks for your time.
Create.  Have fun. 

Linking this to,

http://lulupu.blogspot.in/2015/02/lulupu-challenge-46-some-changes.html?m=1
I've used lots & lots of pink & cupcakes :D

http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2015/02/bgc65-mood-board-stamping.html?m=1
image

I've incorporated pink, white, heart & sweets from the mood board.

http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.in/2015/02/challenge-130-photo-inspiration.html?m=1
image

http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.ca/2015/02/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-9-think.html?m=1
image

http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.in/2015/02/mmcc-8-love.html?m=1
image

30 comments:

  1. love your mixed media card - especially the background - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your glossy heart and I REALLY love the white gesso around the edges - it makes your whole card pop!! Thank you so much for playing with us The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it, Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tower of cupcakes, paired with that fabulous glossy heart and wonderful framing/sentiment, is rich with details that dazzle and delight! Truly a mixed media marvel! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank u sooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great mixed media card! Love the sentiment you've used! So fun and make me smile xx~ Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve this !!! I am going gaga over that pink !!! very neat card really well done with the theme this month.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D thanx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation Rhizwana, love the textures on your project

    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC !:)
    Hugs
    Shubhra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a ton Shubra :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Riswana! Love the textures and yummy cupcakes on your card.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Riswana! Every step is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw thank u sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one hot card! Love the stacked cupcakes. Thanks for joining us this month at the MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That depends what kind of cupcakes... ;-)
    Great card! I like the way you use mixed media here.
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute. Thank you for playing Alongwith Lulupu challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Riswana.. Loved your take on the Lulupu Challenge! The mixed media panel and the cupcakes are superb! Thanks for playing along!
    -Dolly
    Lulupu DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fab mixed media card. Loved the textures! Thanks for playing along for Lulupu Challenge#46! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. very fun card! love the sentiment and the embossing paste on the background. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Isnt that a lot of work! So many steps! Im yet to even think about trying mixed media but im bowled by the beauty of your creation !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw thanx a lot angela :) hoping to see you try mixed media soon as it's way lot of fun :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. :D thanx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Kripa :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Tanvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete