Friday 20 February 2015

Art journal cover

Hey everyone,
   Am so excited to share this post :) This is a project I was planning to do for months & finally got the time & patience to complete it just now. Yay here it is.!

image



This is the front panel of a "Create your own keepsake book" from Paper accents. It is a spiral bound 25 pages notebook with plain chipboard cover on the front & back. The paper is quite thick & sturdy, dimensions being 4.5"×6.5". Am planning to make it into my mini art journal & totally excited about it :) Be sure to check out later on if you are interested :)
Here's how I proceeded with this one.
(Sorry it maybe a looooong one.. :))

1.Inside panel

I started off with a 5.5"×3.5" panel from Brustro's watercolor paper.. using the mini ink blending tool, randomly colored using Dusty concord, peacock feathers & salty ocean.
I misted water over it & let it flow & merge to create a nice watercolor effect.

image



I used "Flourishes" stencil from prima & also gold & silver acrylic paint on top of the panel. I wasn't quite satisfied with the silver paint. So I used uniball signo silver gel pen in the centre. That definitely worked wonders.!

image




2.Name board

        I cut a 2"×1" rectangle from the same watercolor paper,  drew the border design after marking the midpoints & fussy cut it. I colored the frame & wrote my name using black pen & faux stitches using white gel pen.
I used "gathered twigs" distress ink to give some color by pressing it on acrylic block & applied using a brush like watercolor techniques.

image



3.Base

      I have only 6×6 paper pads. Since I had to cover that 1/2", I started off by adhering news print washi tape on one side.
I covered the whole of chipboard by a PP from the Prima "Delight" collection. I inked with vintage photo DI on the edges before adhering.
      Some embossing done with Sakura acrylic modelling paste (it was too thick so I mixed some camlin texture white paste to loosen the consistency), Flourishes & TCW "Art is" stencils.

image



        Did some script stamping to add more interest using Epiphany stamp set collection(gathered twigs). The keys are also from the epiphany collection but in a different set.
         I colored randomly over the relief areas with Gold, copper, metallic rust & pearl blue acrylic colors using my fingers & wet baby wipe..

4.Shaker
        I felt the inside panel was too big.so I trimmed of the edges a bit & stuck on to the base using double sided adhesive tape (covering all the edges) & then the name panel on top.
      For the shaker elements I took wood veneer shapes from the Transportation collection,(I love travel) colored them with the metallics & DI. Also added some silver, blue & yellow sequins.
    For the border,  I cut four 1/4" inch strips from the same PP & colored with peacock feathers & vintage photo DI. did some script stamping on it as well. Stuck them on the acetate sheet(OHP sheet) panel.

image



  My foam adhesive strip was too broad & I had a hard time cutting it so narrow.  The edges were irregular but I decided it went well with the overall look. On the outer edges, I used distress ink to cover it up.

Done. Hope you liked it.
I look forward so much to continue with my art journal idea.
(Well I did accomplish the mission. Click here to know what I've managed to create :))
Do lemme know ur comments. They mean a lot to me.
Thanks for your time.
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,

image



I absolutely loved the soft colorscheme of the pic.. I went for flourishes design from all the flowery vibes in the moodboard.. I've used gold through out my project, from that awesome cake picture & the cycles totally got my travel mood back :) I've added transport wood shapes inside the shaker part...
I've stamped all those scripts as well as the keys...
Am entering for the third time in this contest, I can hardly refrain from it :D

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-add-a-little-texture/

10 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a great piece of art. Love wjhat you have done !

    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC

    Hugs
    Shubhra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats a great piece of art. Love what you have done !

    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC

    Hugs
    Shubhra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u so much Shubra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is fabulous. Love all the textures and details.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, great texture! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It;s so beautiful! I like texture and colours!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing !!! I love the way your discribed the mood board ! :) Its fantastic to see eveyone's take on the board and its always different :)
    Great job with the background and love the colors
    Thanks for playing with BGC this month
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete