Wednesday 19 November 2014

Christmas Tag

Hi,
The festive season is fast approaching & I took it literally to make this tag.. having incorporated "bling" in all form I could muster..
3D glitter, glitter embossing,  brush glitter, glitter pen, pearls..  u name it :D
But I have tried to keep it as CAS as possible as that's my favourite style :)
Here it is. .

image



I've cut the tag from red cardstock, having Ranger craft tag as template.. saves the trouble of all the measurements which am always lazy about ;)

I've white embossed the snowflakes & sentiment from "Noel" stampset.

*TIPS* alert..! am new to heat embossing & I always mess up coz I was unable to clear off the excess powder properly... So I tried something & it worked wonders :)
Just try rubbing the surface to be embossed, with a completely DRY natural hair brush.. rubbing fast like this is another way to remove the static electricity I guess.. I often hear this term in most video tutorials :D
yes I did achieve better results after this  !!

ornaments are made from handmade paper stuck on cardstock,  hand drawn & fussy cut. . same goes for the holly leaves..

The metal string was difficult to attach.. so I made it like a hook & stuck it with tape on the back as well as the end at the front.. The ornament hides it all :)
i made the metal bow separately& stuck with double sided thin adhesive tape..

I can't remember what all I did with the glitter part coz there was way too many & absolutely in contrast to what I usually do, keeping it minimal :)
I guess it doesn't show up well in the pic though..
white dots on the bg with white gel pen.. golden trim for the bow :) ornaments stuck with foam squares for dimension :)

Done.

Hope you enjoyed this. Do lemme kno ur comments. They mean a lot to me. Thanks for your time :)
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,

http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2014/11/cssc-9-christmas-tags.html?m=1

http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.in/2014/11/mmcc-5-christmas.html?m=1
image

http://cardsundmore-challengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/challenge-no-119-schneeflockensnowflakes.html?m=1

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous mixed media tag Riswana, thank you for playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge - just a reminder that it is supposed to be for cards. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much Lyndal.. I thought tags were applicable too.. thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! very cool!! Thanks for joining us at CSCC #9. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Deepti :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely tag dear. Thanks for joining us at CSCC#9. Good luck.
    DT Shylaa
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Shyla :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag..love the ornaments..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tag Riswana... I loved the ornaments and the use of bright colours for this tag...The golden ribbon goes well with the red background... Thank you for joining us at CSCC #9. All the best....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Radhika:) glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the wonderful comments Ramya :)

    ReplyDelete