Wednesday 19 November 2014

CAS CARD : JUST GO

Hi,
My crafting marathon continues. . :)
I love recycling.. I had in my stash, this saree packaging cardboard which had some dry embossing on it & most of all a brilliant yellow color...
I was saving it for so long to use in a proper way & what better way than to make a monochromatic card :)
When I saw the Challenge,  I knew this was the time :)
I made the card for my travel loving friend, especially cycling :)
Here it is :)

image



I cut out 1/2" width panels from the packaging & stuck using glue at regular intervals. .. I dint bother measuring exactly. . I have used my white gel pen to add some highlights in the center,  some dots around & faux stitches on the edges. .

The cycle is from "wood venner: transportation" (I luv luv luv them), inked with black soot DI, heat embossed with "Wow!" clear sparkle embossing powder.
stuck on the cardbase with liquid glue.

I drew & cut the flag banner from the same box.. sentiment is handwritten. . stuck with foam squares.

image



On the inside of the card, I also stamped another sentiment from the Penny Black eloquence stampset (am using it for the second time in a row & still can't get enough of it ;)) 

Done.

image



I have improved in making envelopes over time & I am really satisfied about how this one has turned out to be, almost perfect, considering it was not a standard size card :) Here's a peek on the tool which helps me the most for envelope making.. I took it from my cousin's geometry box.. He doesn't use it much anyway :P

image



My inspiration for this card is a digital design I made for my profile pic :P
I added the photo of this sentiment too, some light Fx & ended up making this digi poster :) (fully made with PicsArt app)

image



Hope you enjoyed this. Do lemme kno ur comments. They mean a lot to me. Thanks for your time :)
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,

http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2014/11/bgc63-monochromatic.html?m=1

http://casology.blogspot.in/2014/11/week-122-flag.html?m=1
image

11 comments:

  1. Really liked this tag...
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the wonderful comments...
    I must say...I love your CAS style...very beautiful cards and tags...I got to learn a lot from your posts...
    Thanks again
    -Purvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the bright cheery yellow. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Purvi :) glad you liked it & really happy that you found my posts useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a Bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warm, bright, sunny colour - perfect day for a bike ride! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the yellow and what a perfect card for your friend. Thanks for sharing at CASology, Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea using that bright color of yellow and nice bike too on your card..great idea too with that flag under the bike and your photografy is awesome...Lovely take on the CASology cue card...I join there too..would be so happy if you like to visiting me back...big hugs from me in Germany, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the wonderful comments Monika, it was a delight visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a Fun card !!!
    Love the Yellow it looks stunning !
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete