Thursday 13 August 2015

Rose birthday card

Hi..
  Here's a b'de card i made for my friend Pon Malar which literally translates to Golden flower :)





I used Neena solar white card stock for the base as well as the panel.. In a standard size.. I used my scoring board & tool to create that stitched look on the border & added lines with gold gel pen..
Golden hearts washi tape used for the border behind

Sentiment is embossed with Ranger gold embossing powder on vellum.. (Avery Elle cakes & candles stamp set)
The swirls are hand drawn with Uniball gold marker (i absolutely love that pen)
The bow is made with a Golden twine which is always in my stash & i've no idea where it came from :D
Click here to view another project where i used it if u r curious :)

The flower is made using Handmade paper which i got from Pondicherry.. I dint use any punch.! I randomly watched few youtube tutorials regarding flowers without punches (sorry i don't have the link now.. 'Ll add if i find one) kinda combined many techniques  from each of them & finally managed to make this one ;)
After arranging & glueing all the petals down I dabbed the versamark ink pad on the top of the flower & dipped in the gold embossing powder & heat set it.. I guess that made all the difference in the world.!
Finally added some glue drops to look like dew..
I don't usually fancy making flowers but i loved this process & the outcome :)
image


This is the inside of the card with the  cake promised in the sentiment outside :D
Cupcake from Tim Holtz Blueprints assortment stampset, gold embossed & colored with distress inks..

Hope you liked it.. Do lemme know ur comments.  They mean a lot to me..
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to

http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2015/08/august-challenges-week-2-dr-sonia.html?m=1

http://blog.kraftzone.in/2015/08/challenge-17-anything-goes-bingo.html?m=1
image


I've used the Ink-embossing- Twine,
Flowers-ribbon-embossing, stamp-ribbon-twine.. washi tape instead of ribbon..

http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.in/2015/08/virginias-view-challenge-17.html?m=1
image

No comments:

Post a Comment