Sunday 23 August 2015

Art journal: MUSIC IS BLISS

Hi
  Here's a layout from my art journal...


I have step by step PICTORIAL for this (aw finally i managed to make one aftr so long :D)

I started off by adhering paper bits from a very old novel.. Dats a easy way to get the antique feel...


I've used music notes decoupage napkins & white glue to add more elements on the bg..

Used walnut stain distress paint, vintage photo antique linen distress inks over the page to bring everything together..
I used Brustro brush pen to draw over the music keys & symbols.. Also drew some on my own to give a complete look..
Added texture paste through memory box alpha worn out stencil..

I applied camlin gel medium all over the page so that I get a nonporous surface & then i used brown sketch pens to give shading to the elements..
Sentiment is stamped using memento tuxedo black ink with WRMK alphabet stamps.. I reinforced it with the brush pen once again..The inks takes a while to dry.. I did mess up smearing it but it's easy to wipe off over the gel medium treated surface..

For the border i used WrMk distressing tool & also misted some water to make tearing the paper easier.. (Dat was a brave & tough decision :D:D) & rolled over ... Applied some gathered twigs distress ink & also brown sketch pen on the back side..

I stuck music notes washi tape on the page underneath (i always leave a page before starting on a new layout) & stuck the two pages completely.

Dat finishes my layout.. Hope you liked it..
Do lemme kno ur comments..They mean a lot.
Thanks for your time.
Create. Have fun.

Here's a quick glance at my other layouts from this journal
https://m.facebook.com/rhizwana/albums/10205822022061630/?ref=bookmarks

Linking this to
http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2015/08/august-challenges-week-4-pallavi-iyer.html?m=1

http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.in/2015/08/august-challenge.html?m=1

20 comments:

  1. Fab pages..love the theme and those piano keys..a really lovely entry for our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic journal pages! Love the picture tutorial for those like me terrified of journal pages! Music is my first love so the theme is great to me also! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of collaging with the musical napkins Riswana it looks great. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..I loved this music themed journal page ! I was happy to read through the steps..thanks for sharing it and the vintage look ROCKS !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thr sweet words Pooja :) gam glad u liked it :)

      Delete
  5. Loving this music themed journal page!!! Thanks for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Really lovely design. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Very very nice work. Page looks sunning. Thanks for playing along with CSCC Aug challenge- week 4. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete