Thursday 11 June 2015

Art journal TRAVEL

Hi
  It's time to take the next step with my art journalling ;) layouts now in a bigger size notebook 8.5"×11".. Here's page #1.

image


Background:
I begun by two pasting two pages together to get a sturdy wotk surface.. Used Decupage napkin & modpodge to create the base of bg.

image


Gave a wash of gesso over it. Applied distress paint "picked raspberry" with fingers mostly & at places with wet baby wipe.. Added distress inks worn lipstick and fired brick all around the edges.

image


Doodled around the page with Brustro & pilot black fineliners.. Added highlights with Uniball signo white gel pen..

image



Did some random stamping with Kaisercraft bg texture stamp "Triangles" & Tim Holtz "little things" stamp set.. Added white splashes with watered down gesso..

image



Elements:

I drew the girl in a scrap paper first, then carbon transferred to water color paper & colored with distress inks. Then transferred the image to papericious designer paper & paper pieced the dress, shoes and head bow.
Added wink of Stella clear glitter all over. I just love that shimmer.
image



Followed almost the same procedure for the umbrella & added glossy accents & black enamel accents for added dimension :)

image


Quote is stamped with "worn text" by Tim Holtz & memento tuxedo black ink.. Finally added the border with Kaisercraft bg stamp "Morocco".

On a personal note, I love traveling the most & felt it's apt to start my new journal based on it like my mini journal here. am happy to have incorporated my craze for doodling here :D
Hit by a wave of nostalgia as i was doing so.. Dubai is always close to my heart having so many childhood memories there :)
Here are few pics.
http://rhizwana.com/vacation/071__2011_02_17.jpg.php
http://rhizwana.com/vacation/049__2011_02_04.jpg.php
http://rhizwana.com/vacation/093__2011_02_17.jpg.php

Thanks for your time & patience. Do lemme kno ur comments. They mean a lot to me. C u soon. Until then,
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,

http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.in/2015/06/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-13-year.html?m=1
image

I went for "THINK PINK".



http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.in/2015/06/our-june-challenge.html?m=1

http://art-journal-journey.blogspot.in/2015/06/062015-masculine-feminine.html?m=1
There's way too much gender discrimination here that a girl wanting to travel (that too alone) is considered close to being an alien.. Yet i choose not to give up something i love with all my heart & hoping to continue whatever comes :) i feel That is not feminisim but rather standing up for one's self rights & freedom irrespective of being male or female :)

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal pages with so many fantastic details. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun page. Love your doodles of those famous buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous spread! AWESOME! Thank you for joining Art Journal Journey Challenge!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from AJJ-nice to "meet" you:) What a super fantastic journal spread!! I think that quote is my mantra too-and although I haven't traveled in the last 6 years I dream of getting the chance to hop on a plane again. So many places on my bucket list-and yes, including Dubai. I have seen friends' photos of a trip there and it is a stunning city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u so much Linda :) am very glad you liked it & yes even i hope to break free of my "travel block" soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful travel page! The Burj Khalifa is certainly not from a Dubai that I remember but time matches on & places change, I used to have to produce my passport at the border on my early visits between Abu Dhabi & Dubai lol.

    I totally understand the move to a larger journal, I'm currently doing 3 weekly challenges via Facebook : 2 are on 5x8 and the most recent signup 4x6 - I shall finish the year with that size but not bother to get again!

    Looking forward to seeing more of your art... I'm off to explore your blog!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, exuberant page. I love your use of colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow dats a surprising information :D Thank u so much for the positive words & taking your time to see my work in detail. It means a lot :)
    I'd very much love to see ur journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are quite the artist Riswana - your doodles are more like drawings! This is WONDERFUL. What a neat background too. Thanks bunches for sharing at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. j.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a bunch :) i absolutely love ur works & am glad to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pages...they really are a work of art.
    The napkin background is just gorgeous on it's own,but love how you have gone over it in that lovely purple/pinky colour.
    Clever doodling too....
    Thank you for joining in with our June challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTASTICA...Fathima. What a lovely page and you have really done some work on that girl and her umbrella. They look so happy in this page.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanx a lot Rupa :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanx so much :) am glad u like my pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a fabulous journal spread!! Thanks for added pics and tutorial I needed it I am terrible with art journals! love your drawn image!! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks a lot nan :) i've just started art journaling & am really glad to be of some help :)

    ReplyDelete